Catherine was an all around A+! We will definitely recommend Catherine as an agent to anyone looking in the OBX area. She was quick to respond, always willing to help, and very knowledgeable. Catherine also went above and beyond by connecting us with local professionals in the area and actually getting them into the property to provide us quotes. Catherine really did a fantastic job and we will be certain to use her in the future if the need arises!
Catherine Brown Strachan was our real estate agent for purchasing our beach vacation home in Duck NC in Winter/Spring 2016. She was absolutely outstanding in all the areas that are critical for an agent to help:
1. Search strategies: she was able to get us to articulate what our beach home vision was to make her search more effective. We were all over the map at first because we hadn't thought this process of goal setting at first, however Catherine successfully got us to focus our priorities.
2. Effective technology usage: She was able to use MLS and her company's own proprietary system and other resources to help the search become more efficient based on our needs.
3. Access: We made three visits to the Duck area and saw probably 40 to 50 homes in total and Catherine was tireless. She clearly went above and beyond what we've experienced with other realtors and was clearly committed to helping us realize our goal.
4. Real estate knowledge: she knew the pitfalls of the real estate local industry and what to watch out for throughout the whole process; from searching, to offering, to inspections, to closing. Her CMA analysis of several properties was spot on to what we were thinking as well.
5. Supporting/ancillary recommendations: She made great recommendations in the supporting companies to work with them and we had good service from closing attorney, mortgage broker, insurance broker.
At the end of the process we felt she was the best realtor we've ever worked with and she was instrumental in getting us through the process of finding a dream beach home for a reasonable price in record time. We would highly, highly recommend her for anyone looking for a home in the Outer Banks area.
Catherine was very helpful throughout the buying process as well as afterwards! She coordinated all aspects of the purchase, including an inspection that turned up a very costly problem, but thanks to her negotiation skills the seller paid for the entire repair! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her to a buyer or seller that wants an agent willing to truly represent their best interests.
Catherine represented me as my agent in the purchase of a home in Kill Devil Hills (Colington) which closed on 9-21-18. If you want a professional to help you who knows the market in all areas of the Outer Banks and who will help you from all perspectives of buying a house from beginning to end including her network of inspectors mortgage bankers, surveyors, lawyers, home repair, etc...Catherine is the one. She is extremely responsive and charming to work with.
Edith is the best real estate professional that we have ever found. She is responsive, helps in negotiations, knows the area and has huge presence in local knowledge. I would highly recommend her to search, negotiate, and close on next property.
Edith was there with us the entire process, she never left any questions unanswered. She was quick to offer help on topics and issues we didn't even know to ask about. I highly recommend her to anyone.
I found Edith to be very prompt in responding to me and my inquiries. She provided information on the properties I was interested in and suggested others homes as well.
When we met to see the homes she was knowledgeable about the area and was able to let me know the history of flooding and other issues to help me make an educated decision in my purchase.
Very good experience
Edith helped us buy our house in Southern Shores back in 2010. She's also helping us look for a new, larger house. She's a native of the Outer Banks region and is very knowledgeable about both the area and the real estate market. She's honest and straightforward and did an excellent job of negotiating the deal for us back in 2010. She's also professional, responsive and very pleasant to work with. I highly recommend her!
Edith's knowledge about real estate on the Outer Banks is unsurpassed. She is a great listener and takes the time to understand her customers and their real estate dreams and requirements. Edith is a wonderful person, with the patience to work with people as they refine and begin to understand what real estate will enhance their lifestyle. My wife and I trust her explicitly and recommend her as the best of the best real estate agents on the Outer Banks.
We are in the process of buying a second home and have very much enjoyed working with Edith. She is extremely knowledgeable, efficient and has made the entire process as stress free as possible. She has excellent negotiating skills and has provided very good advice. We would highly recommend her.